Canada Garden: Reading Update

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Reading Update

The Buffalo Soldier by Chris Bohjalian: One of my favorite authors. A couple lose their twin daughters, then take in a foster child. Throw in an affair and a near-divorce, but such a good ending! Which was unexpected, after what he did to us with Double Bind.

Testimony by Anita Shreve: Another good one from AS. A story about some kids in a private school who mess up really bad, the events that led up to it, and its aftermath. Turns out the kids weren't the only ones who messed up. This one got to me. I was just sick about what happened, and kept having to remind myself that it was only a novel. Whew, thank goodness!

I still have the 19th wife, but Mark gave me a Kindle for Christmas so I'm going to find something to read on it. Something light for a change!

No comments: