Canada Garden: Book Review

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Book Review

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin was such a good story.  A little bit mystery, southern small town in the late 70s, terrific characters, an ending that was sad and surprising and a relief all at the same time.  Quick easy read that was interesting from the very first sentence.  Definitely recommend this one.

I just read Jeff Kass' book on Columbine.  I also read Dave Cullen's a while back.  Why both, I'm not sure, but I just felt like I should read them.  I often think about our volunteer experience after the NIU shooting.  It was three years ago this Valentine's Day.  I wonder how those kids, the faculty and  staff are doing, and of course, why. . .

Next on my list?  Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand.  It's #1 on the amazon list right now.   Let's see why everybody's reading that one!

No comments: