Canada Garden: April Peonies

Sunday, April 10, 2011

April Peonies

No, these aren't from my garden, they're from the grocery store where I try to stop every Wednesday night after exercising at Body Symmetry with Chad. (I'll have to tell you about Chad sometime--he's helped me lose 15 pounds!)

I'm a sucker for peonies.  At the grocery store, in the back yard, at The Farm, wherever. . . Last fall I dug and divided some peonies that were being shaded out and replanted them in sunny areas.  So glad I took the time and made the effort.   

And these are some that were left on the bench last fall and  forgotten, when I ran out of steam and couldn't dig one more hole.   Maybe, thanks to Chad's help, I'll be able to dig more holes this year :)

3 comments:

P.J. said...

Your bouquet is beautiful...I love peonies ("pea-oh=nees"} too! I can't break myself from pronouncing it like that:-) I planted a couple of the newer ones last fall. It is 79 degrees right now (and at 9:30 at night.) I don't know how high it got today. Worked in the yard...hellebores are blooming, and some of the daffodils just opened up this afternoon! Yay for Spring!!

Kynda said...

I can't wait to see your new pee-o-nies :) It was in the 80s yesterday! Stormed last night. Have a good Monday--love love

peggy said...

I wanna see a picture of Chad!