Canada Garden: Book Report

Friday, February 20, 2015

Book Report

Did I tell you that I forgot to take my Kindle to Tucson?  I put it in the car with my purse on the way to the airport at 4:30 am.  We parked.  We checked our bags.  I went through the joys of a personal pat-down with airport security.  Uh, oh. . .  My Kindle is still in the car!  So close and yet so far.  No way was I going through security again.  Mark offered, but I didn't want him to go through it either.  Even though he gets to breeze through the metal detector without searches.  Anyway, I still got to read a good book.


Orphan Train by Cristina Baker Kline.  I'm thankful there are still real live books made of paper that feel so good in hand and for bookstores at the airports.  Loved this survival story of two women both left as orphans and how they connected with each other. 






2 comments:

Karen said...

I saw this at the library and thought it looked like a good book.
I like reading historical fiction and biographies.

peggy said...

I've had it on my library list, you beat me to it! Also with the pea seeds, St. Patrick's day was the deadline for me. Still too cold, Love you.