Canada Garden: Angel of Hope

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Angel of Hope

My sweet friend Pam had Judson's name put on the Angel of Hope wall at Washington Park.  It was a beautiful candlelit ceremony with a few songs, prayers, and a reading of the names of those remembered.  It was a little chilly, but actually good weather for the season. It was sad, but so touching and we loved it.   We were glad to have Rachel with us too.
Pam knew how special this would be to us;
her daughter Emily's name is also on the wall.
 My picture of Judson's name on the plaque is blurry here, I'll have to take another one. So many names there, it's hard to believe so many have lost children.  But I know that Judson is okay now, that he's still with us and watching over us, and waiting til we all get to join him on the other side. 
A excerpt of a post from a facebook group for grieving parents:
 ". . . I shifted my focus (to) the fact that my precious son is blissfully happy and loved beyond comprehension. Every day. I stopped thinking about me and started thinking about him, and only him, and where he is now. I focused on the fact that I too will be with him one day forever. . ."  

I am so grateful to other parents who are sharing what they are going through and how they are coping--including my friend, Pam.

2 comments:

P.J. said...

I love this. I want to go there next time we're in Springfield. <3

peggy said...

I want to go too.