Canada Garden: Quarantine

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Quarantine

We're all staying in because of the corona virus.  We do go to the grocery store, and our bird feed store has curbside service but otherwise, we try to avoid getting out much.  

We have plenty of toilet paper, but the stores often don't have eggs.  Apple Barn up the road usually has nice eggs from a farm in Jacksonville and we like to shop with them.

Every day we hear more scary stories.  More people sick.  More people passing.  More health care workers who are scared to go to work, but they go in anyway.  Even without the equipment they need. 
 This is Skye in quarantine.  She doesn't mind a bit.  
Our facebook feeds are full of creative art
reminding us that love will get us through. 
This makes me cry.  A sight I would never have dreamed of.  Not even on 9/11. . . 
 I've been working one day a week at a little nonprofit that is dear to my heart. Yesterday I was making coffee to take with me and it just seemed like I should take a picture.  Because maybe it would be the last time I go to work for a while? 

 PJ, my sister and super-nurse, modeling the mask that mama made for her.  Another thing we would never have predicted--seamstresses all over the country making masks for our healthcare workers.  Although Grandma would have been tickled to sew those masks.  She and Mammy were used to making do with what we had.
Exactly.





1 comment:

P.J. said...

So many times over the past year, I've wondered what Mammy would think. She would for sure take a King Switch to our president's hind end! Love you. stay well. <3