Canada Garden: Situational Depression Due to Crown Rot

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Situational Depression Due to Crown Rot


It's really too ugly to photograph, but this is the state my beautiful Halcyon is in today. Another hosta, one of the ones that PJ gave me, is completely gone, with nothing left standing except the bloom stalks. I researched crown rot last night. Some sites say to use bleach, boiling water, dig up the soil and replace it, blah, blah, blah. Sounds like there's no good way to get rid of it. We did spray fungicide on it this morning. And I may spray some bleach as well. I just hope it doesn't keep spreading. 103 degrees today--which is probably something crown rot LOVES!!! We are supposed to get storms on Tuesday night, then Wednesday's high may only be in the 70's.

No comments: