Canada Garden: Low Carb Happy @ 5 Months

Monday, May 30, 2016

Low Carb Happy @ 5 Months

If weight watchers works for you, then that is terrific! I'm happy  for you and wish you the very best.  I wish it had worked for me. But if--like me--joining weight watchers for the 11th time leaves you feeling rebellious and mad and sad and just plain hungry--well then no more.   No.  More.

Maybe my (your?) body is just not going to process those carbs in a way that makes us feel healthy and energetic and alive. Maybe bread--and yes Oprah I love bread too--causes my body to release insulin and then stashes every single calorie securely in my fat cells.

Maybe eating bread and pasta and yes, even my beloved sugar -- has been making me fat and sick.
I think so. Because now that I've been lchf keto for the last 5 months, here's what's happened:
  •  I don't have cravings. I eat good filling food when I'm hungry.
  • I know that "cheating" doesn't make me happy (actually when does cheating in any part of life ever make you happy??).  
  • I've lost 39 pounds. 
  • Everything in my closet fits or is too big. 
  • I'm off the NSAIDS for the first time in ages.  Most all of my aches and pains have disappeared.  Without medicine.
  • I have peace of mind.   I don't worry about gaining weight week after week after week and where am I going to end up? 
  • I'm getting better healthier leaner.  And not knowing what to do about being fat is not one of my life's problems anymore.   
If any of this sounds familiar, join me in learning more about the low-carb high-fat way of eating.  There's tons of research out there, but by far the most inspiring place to start is the online facebook support group:   Ketogenic Success.

Don't let the closed group status scare you--just send a request to join and you'll be part of a group of thousands of people who are losing weight, getting healthy, and lowering their blood sugar.  If it's not for you, you can always leave the group too.  No cost, no commitment, but be forewarned--all those stories of inspiring change and yummy recipes and helpful advice is addicting!

Or if you need to hear it straight from a medical doctor, check out Dr. Sarah Hallberg's video  Reversing Diabetes Starts with Ignoring  the Guidelines.   She practices in Indiana, right next door to us. 

Do you have questions or need any further info?  I would love to help you find this kind of positive change in your life too.   If I can do this, so can you!
What?!?  I can hardly believe it myself. 

No comments: