Canada Garden: Book Reviews of 2010

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Book Reviews of 2010

Mama's kitty, Walker. . . as in Texas Ranger. . .
Mama loaned me Little Bee to read when I was there last summer.  I kept meaning to get around to it, but my kindle has me so spoiled that I put it off for all these months.  I can't believe that it took me so long to read this wonderful story.  I LoVeD it!   So much sadness and awfulness going on in the world around us right now even as I sit here in a safe warm house with a full refrigerator and good health and a job to go to on Monday and people who love me in this life.  I don't understand it, but I'm grateful.

Rescue by Anita Shreve:  Another great book from one of my favorite authors.  The main character is an EMT.  Really quick, easy to read, and interesting story.

Our Tragic Universe by Scarlett Thomas:  Loved this one too, about a broke and miserable writer who gets to experience success and freedom.  Quirky characters, set in England.

Happy New Year.  May this year bring continued blessings and lots of good reading!

No comments: