Canada Garden: Food and Flowers for Life

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Food and Flowers for Life

It hasn't been flowers only here at Canada Garden.  I've been reading Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman.  At first I was buying into the idea that I should eat all beans, all salads, all fruit, everyday.  But then a few minutes went by and I realized that I'm not ready to give up dairy, not ready to give up meat (entirely),  not ready to give up dessert, not ready to give up. . . Well, you get the idea.    So, now I'm just trying to eat more beans,  salad, and fruit everyday.

We cooked a turkey breast in the crock pot with bouquet garni from The Farm.  That turned out really good.  Saved the seasoned stock to make vegetable soup.    Had black-eyed peas for New Year's Day 'cause in my family that's what you did to bring good luck for the coming year. 

I was talking to a friend yesterday who told me her aunt walked five miles on her 80th birthday. I hope I get to do that!  Maybe I should start a new tradition of a long walk on every birthday.  Right after a bowl of beans and a salad with a big bouquet of flowers on the table :)

No comments: